Safety at Funky Monkey Park is our first priority.
The safety equipment is of a very high quality and our instructors are well-trained and competent. No one is allowed to climb before having passed the required course giving every climber a good introduction. People at the climbing park should always follow the instructions of the instructor. Failure to do so will result in refuse admittance from the park. Instructors can always judge a person unsuitable to climb the courses.
Rain means nothing but getting wet. In fact, it is even more fun when the water sprays from the lines in the cable cars. You are secured on the climbing tracks, and a little water just makes it all more challenging. However, remember rainwear if the weather forecast reports rain.
In the event of a thunderstorm, climbing is stopped. The climbing resumes 15 minutes after the last lightning/thunder.
NB. In the case of a heavy storm, or with lightning and thunder, the courses will be closed.
- Children under 8 years must always be supervised by an adult.
- Children under 12 years must be accompanied by an adult, minimum 1 adult to 8 children. The adult must take responsibility for accompanying the children. Either from the ground or from the heights.
- The track “The Scary Monkey” can only be used by people from 14 years and min. 150 cm.
- Children under 120 cm. may only use the children’s course (available only in Odense).
Guests who are not allowed climb
- Persons under 120 cm. (only access to the children’s courses in Odense)
- People who are affected by alcohol or other drugs.
- Pregnant, people with breathing problems, bad heart or with back / neck problems
- Persons weighing more than 130 kg.
Before and during climbing
- You must not climb before you have completed the required introductory course and have been approved by the instructor.
- Do not loosen or change your climbing belt when it is approved by the instructor.
- If you have been to the toilet, your climbing belt must be checked by an instructor before resuming climbing.
- Before climbing, long hair must be put up or in a braid, loose jewellery is stored away, purses and other loose items should be put away before climbing. You are able to store your belongings in the park.
You are able to bring your Mobile phones and camera at your own risk.
- No more than 2 people at any given time on each platform and 2 people on each challenge.
- Smoking is prohibited as long as you are wearing your climbing gear.
- People at the facility must follow the instructions of the instructors. Failure to do so will result in refuse admittance.
- Closure of the park due to a storm or thunderstorms is considered a force majeure and does not result in a refund of your money. The climbing time is extended if possible.