Safety at Funky Monkey Park is our first priority.
The safety equipment is of a very high quality and our instructors are well-trained and competent. No one is allowed to climb before having passed the required course giving every climber a good introduction. People at the climbing park should always follow the instructions of the instructor. Failure to do so will result in refuse admittance from the park. Instructors can always judge a person unsuitable to climb the courses.
Rain means nothing but getting wet. In fact, it is even more fun when the water sprays from the lines in the cable cars. You are secured on the climbing tracks, and a little water just makes it all more challenging. However, remember rainwear if the weather forecast reports rain.
In the event of a thunderstorm, climbing is stopped. The climbing resumes 15 minutes after the last lightning/thunder.
NB. In the case of a heavy storm, or with lightning and thunder, the courses will be closed.
- Adults must take responsibility for the children accompanying them.
- Children under 8 years of age must always be under adult supervision.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. No less than 1 adult per 8 children. Children over 12 years of age can climb without adults.
- The Scary Monkey course can only be used by people over 14 years of age.
- Children below 120 cm can only use the children’s course in Odense
- The instructors can at any time declare a person unsuitable to climb the courses. The ticket cannot be refunded.
- ID must be presented upon request.
Guests who are not allowed climb
- Persons under 120 cm. (only access to the children’s courses in Odense)
- People who are affected by alcohol or other drugs.
- Pregnant women, obese people (max weight is 130 kg./290lb.) and people with breathing problems or heart-, back-, neck-, angle-, wrist- or knee problems or people with general poor physical condition, are not allowed to use the courses.
- Persons weighing more than 130 kg.
Before and during climbing
- Before climbing you have to complete the obligated introduction course and get approved by an instructor. If you have a season pass, you simply have to show the staff that you can complete the introduction course without fails.
- It is not allowed to loosen or change the climbing harness when it has already been approved by the instructor.
- If you have been to the toilet, the harness needs to be checked by an instructor before you climb again.
- Before climbing all hair longer than 30 cm needs to be put up in a ponytail. Loose jewerelly is not allowed while climbing. Phones, wallets or other loose objects need to be put away or in a closed pocket before climbing. You can ask for a box for your valuable objects in the service building.
- No more than 2 people at any given time on each platform and 2 people on each challenge.
- It is not allowed to smoke while wearing the climbing harness
- People on the facilities need to follow the instructor’s instructions, if this is not fulfilled it will lead to an eviction from the park.
- A shutdown of the park due to storm or thunderstorm is considered as force majeure and does not cause a refund of the ticket, however if possible, it can prolong the climbing time if the parks reopens.